05 October 2005

Future

Things I want to make work for the future (as soon as possible)

- PVR
This guy here is a bit of a distant dream. :) I used to have a PowerVCR back in windows, and it was fairly good, it recorded shows in a pretty decent quality, but was to big to save them. My idea anyway is to record TV while I'm not home. I won't be using this in a long time, because there's nothing good enough on TV these days, but if in the future we get cable, I might want to start recording some shows.

- VLC
VLC is a streammer (among some others things), My idea is to use a run-of-the-mill camera as a hi-def webcam, for security purposes...
And even want to remove the IR filter from the CCD, as it may function as a nightshot camera.. well, who knows, this is extremelly low priority stuff.

- dvdrip and cdrip
Back in windows I used AutoGK to compact dvds to divx, now in linux I'm still searching for a nice and easy ripper+encoder.
The same with cdrip, I had CDex (which is great BTW), any suggestions?

- TV out
I have a Nvidia Geforce 2 Mx400, with TVout.
So far, so good. I installed the nvidia driver (works nicely), but the TV out is a no-go.
J. sent me his config, but it doesn't work... I don't really know why, I guess my video card is on the frenzy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

- dvdrip and cdrip
Back in windows I used AutoGK to compact dvds to divx, now in linux I'm still searching for a nice and easy ripper+encoder.
The same with cdrip, I had CDex (which is great BTW), any suggestions?


Open audiocd:/ in Konqueror, and copy the MP3 or Ogg files.

05 October, 2005 07:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apt-get install dvdrip

Simple as a tomato.

11 October, 2005 16:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home